VALIDATION AND DESIGN FOR SEA TRIALS OF A SEMI-SUBMERSIBLE STRUCTURE FOR FLOATING OFFSHORE WIND POWER
The general objective of the project will be the development of a floating structure for offshore wind that allows a reduction in the costs of the energy generated. The particular objectives of the project are as follows:
- Objective 1: the validation of a design for this type of technology, not only from a technical point of view, but also economically and with the necessary logistics.
- Objective 2: once the small-scale prototype has been validated (test channel), a 1:1-scale prototype will be designed for sea trials.
- Consortium: The project is led by Fundación Tecnalia Research & Innovation (Tecnalia), and will be developed in cooperation with Astilleros Murueta S.A., Etiamracso Sll (Pyme), Tamoin Power Services (Tamoin), Tecnalia Ventures S.L., Widewall Investments S.L. (Velatia Group) and Vicinay Marine Innovación.
- Execution Period: 2014-2016.
- Supported by: The project was supported by the Spanish Government through Retos Colaboración Funds and the European Union through the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) (RTC-2014-2358-3).