MOORING COMPONENT ASSESSMENT PHASE II
MOORING COMPONENT ASSESSMENT PHASE II. MCA II JIP
To extend the Engineering Critical Assessment (ECA) methodologies for applications in mooring chain components.
- To develop additional fracture toughness data for 34CrMoNi steel through controlled sampling/testing from spare components to populate the JIP database and Kmat estimation procedure.
- To perform further residual stress evaluation (experimental and numerical) to clarify the scatter and variability identified in Phase I and develop fracture mechanics treatment procedures.
- To develop quantitative flash weld acceptance criteria and extend the ECA procedure developed in Phase I for chain links.
- To perform large scale mooring component fracture tests for validating the developed ECA procedure.
- To develop a risk-based matrix for interpretation of ECA results for both mooring connectors and chain links.
Total, BV, PD Technologies, Exxon, LeBeon Manufacturing, SBM, Chevron, Asian Star and Vicinay Marine Innovación.