NEW GENERATION OF INTELLIGENT, COMPETITIVE AND SUSTAINABLE MOORING LINES
A large collaborative project within Vicinay Marine Group companies where the main objective is to research advanced data-flow and monitoring technologies to generate new knowledge on degradation and life extension mechanisms to obtain new generation mooring line designs – to be intelligent, flexible, competitive and sustainable- as well as advanced manufacturing processes with new materials to meet the new and specific requirements of different sectors of the offshore market and minimise the environmental impact on our oceans.
The specific technical objectives of the project pose many challenges to create the mooring line of the future:
- To extend the life of chains and accessories.
- To generate intelligent, sustainable and competitive chain and accessories manufacturing processes.
- To obtain flexible mooring lines and facilitate techniques for the end user from the installation perspective.
- To provide chains and accessories with new capabilities to minimize the impact of working conditions on degradation systems.
- To adopt a sustainable and environmentally friendly perspective across the production range.